Friday the 29th of April, 11.00 hrs, mv Symphony Sun will be launched at the Ferus Smit yard in Leer. During the launching the yard will be open to the public.
Symphony Sun is a vessel of our ‘Ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr.
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft hold volume.
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form.
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck.
– 2 X 85 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load
oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to
transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better
sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of
maximum installed propulsion power.